Make this spooky haunted house craft for Halloween . The sky is a blend of watercolors and the black paper cut out creates spooky shadows perfect for the scariest night of the year!
Cutting is tricky and requires patience. Plus, the sharper scissors the better, so this is really a big kid craft. However if you have a little one who wants to participate, they can make the watercolor sky with no help at all, making the craft a cooperative project.
- Gather your materials. You will need a sheet of white paper, a sheet of black paper, water colors, brush, water, sharp scissors, a pencil and double stick tape.
- Start by drawing a scene on your black paper. Remember that the edges will need to be connected . I did a spooky school house !
- Start cutting. This is tricky ( did I mention that already?), so take your time.
- Time to make the spooky sky – use your water colors to paint on the white paper. Let dry.
- Put double stick tape on the underside of the paper cut out.
- Place the cut out on top of the water color and the craft is beautifully finished!
Allison McDonald is the founder of No Time For Flash Cards and former preschool teacher. She creates fun kids crafts in the Seattle area with her 4 year old son, and infant daughter who mostly just watches.
- Memorial Day Banner Craft and Book
- Spend Time With Me Coupon Book!
- Earth Day Flower Craft
- Spring Sunflower