I love this craft, but it’s far too delicate for my regular preschool audience over at No Time For Flash Cards. It’s perfect for elementary aged kids on Spring Break. There are a few tricks to making it work so make sure to read all the instructions.
Materials: green yarn, white glue, scissors, wax paper, painters tape , green paper, a marker and some gold ribbon. Glitter optional but highly recommended!
- Start by drawing and cutting out a shamrock. Tape it to your table with painter’s tape. Tape some wax paper down over the shamrock.
- Cut your green yarn into all different lengths, cut one piece that is long enough to trace around the edge of your shamrock.
- Add glue all over the shamrock.
- Add all the little pieces. Make sure they are saturated with glue, add more as needed.
- Carefully edge the shamrock with the long piece.
- Add more glue and some glitter.
- Carefully wipe around the edges with your finger, any extra glue can be cut away after it’s completely dry.
Let dry for at least 24 hours. after the yarn sets ( 1-2 hours) move it to a safe place to dry. Peel off the wax paper, add ribbon and hang.
Allison McDonald is the founder of No Time For Flash Cards and former preschool teacher. She creates fun kids crafts in the Seattle area with her 4 year old son, and infant daughter who mostly just watches.
- Sparkle and Shine Christmas Tree
- Haunted House Craft
- Spend Time With Me Coupon Book!
- Countdown Calendar Instructions