Today is Dr. Seuss’ birthday! It is also read across America day.
- Dr. Seuss can foster a life long love for reading.
- Fun activities to help celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday.
Here are a list of posts where we make book recommendations for kids:
- 3 books that teach kids to stand up to bullies
- 2 books that help teach kids to be cautious of strangers.
- A book recommendation to help end school anxiety
- A book that teaches kids how plants grow
- Remind your child that you love them no matter what with this little book.
- Show your kids that sometimes more can be accomplished with cooperation than competition
- This book reminds kids of the many things to be thankful for
- Should you have to be separated from your child (for example, military parents), this book helps kids cope with the time apart.
- Explain to your kids exactly what Earth Day is and how to be more environmentally friendly.
- Aesop’s Fables are educational, fun, and can be told at any time (and you don’t even need the book in hand!)
Going Beyond the Book:
- Also encourage your kids to write! Here is a post about writing an autobiography, along with some great book suggestions for inspiration.
- Turn reading into a craft project involving all the senses: go online, print out, make and read, printable books. The post has links to books on George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, but there are many topics of fun, printable books.
And some reminders about reading:
What are your favorite kid’s books? Please share in the comments section!
image credit: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xZLZEszNcwU/THalozAeA_I/AAAAAAAAA-M/l90HTad0LtU/s1600/Cat-Hat-Book.jpg
Compiled by Christi Grab, Parentella’s Editorial Director and author of The Unexpected Circumnavigation: Unusual Boat, Unusual People Part 1 – San Diego to Australia.